The Former Orthodox School

The establishment of a local Romanian language school was authorized in 1790, yet until the construction of the school building in 1799, classes took place in a family home. After the school’s disbanding, the building homed a restaurant, a mérlegház (an institution for measuring crop yield), then between 1953-1976 a school for Roma children from Őrkő. Renovated, today the building is home to the archive of local documents of Romanian education.


József Álmos

Year: 1799

Adress: str. Váradi József nr. 38